Vacancy – MEALTIME ASSISTANT
Permanent Mealtime Assistant required September 2021 to support lunchtime provision in the school The post is being advertised on a term time only basis. Ideally the position will be offered and accepted on a full-time basis although part-time arrangements will be considered.
Hours: 10 per week (11.30-1.30) over 38 weeks per annum
Salary: £9.25 per hour
We are looking to appoint a confident and enthusiastic individual to assist at meal times.
The successful candidate will:
– Have a passion for working with children
– Show ability to support children’s feeding/eating under supervision and to understand that this activity is a part of their learning.
– Motivate children in their play and learning.
– A willingness to contribute to the general ethos of the school.
– A strong ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults is essential.
In return we can offer:
– Delightful, well behaved and responsive children with a real enthusiasm for learning
– A supportive and experienced team who are committed to achieving the highest standards for all of the children
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfill all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English
The post will be permanent.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 23rd August
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 6th September 2021.
Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School , Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1HY