Vacancy – Mealtime Assistant
Permanent Mealtime Assistant required September 2020 to support lunchtime provision in the school The post is being advertised on a term time only basis. Ideally the position will be offered and accepted on a full-time basis although part-time arrangements will be considered.
Hours: 6.25 per week (12.00-1.15) over 38 weeks per annum
Salary: 8.50 per hour
The contracted hours for the role are 1.25 hours per day (6.25hours per week). During the autumn term these hours are being temporarily increased to 2 hours per day (11.30-1.30) due to the school having to operate staggered lunchtimes as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. This will be reviewed in light of government guidance and may be extended further. When government guidance allows, the hours will revert to the original 1.25 hours per week.
We are looking to appoint a confident and enthusiastic individual to assist at meal times.
The successful candidate will:
– Have a passion for working with children
– Show ability to support children’s feeding/eating under supervision and to understand that this activity is a part of their learning.
– Motivate children in their play and learning.
– A willingness to contribute to the general ethos of the school.
– A strong ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults is essential.
In return we can offer:
– Delightful, well behaved and responsive children with a real enthusiasm for learning
– A supportive and experienced team who are committed to achieving the highest standards for all of the children
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English
The post will be permanent.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 4th September
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 14th September.
Application forms can be downloaded below and should be returned via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School , Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1HY