Clerk to Governors
The Governing Body of Ottery St Mary Primary School is looking to appoint a highly
organised individual with a professional manner and effective communication skills to
support its work.
Duties will include attendance and minute taking at governors’ meetings, the preparation
and electronic distribution of agendas, minutes and correspondence for all meetings,
maintaining a policy review cycle and an annual cycle of governor business, supporting
the induction of new governors and guiding the Governing Body on procedural matters.
Discretion and flexibility, plus excellent organisational and computer skills are essential in
Experience working as Clerk to a Governing body or in schools is desirable, but not
essential as training and support will be provided.
The hours will be 330 per annum to be worked flexibly to fit in with the cycle of governing
body business during the year. The post will be payable on a Grade D: hourly rate £10.60
– £11.70. If you feel that you have the skills and abilities that we are looking for, we would
be very pleased to hear from you.
For a more detailed outline of the role, main duties and responsibilities, please refer to the
job description and personal specification.
Please email completed application forms to the school office at: email@example.com
or send by post to Mr M. Gilronan, Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School,
Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, EX11 1HY.
Please apply by 5pm on Friday 3 June 2022.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. We are committed to safeguarding
and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description/Person Specification / Application form
Permanent Mealtime Assistant required to support lunchtime provision in the school The post is being advertised on a term time only basis. Ideally the position will be offered and accepted on a full-time basis (term-time) although part-time arrangements will be considered.
Hours: 10 per week (11.30-1.30) over 38 weeks per annum
Salary: £9.25 per hour
We are looking to appoint a confident and enthusiastic individual to assist at meal times.
The successful candidate will:
– Have a passion for working with children
– Show ability to support children’s feeding/eating under supervision and to understand that this activity is a part of their learning.
– Motivate children in their play and learning.
– A willingness to contribute to the general ethos of the school.
– A strong ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults is essential.
In return we can offer:
– Delightful, well behaved and responsive children with a real enthusiasm for learning
– A supportive and experienced team who are committed to achieving the highest standards for all of the children
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfill all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English
The post will be permanent.
Application forms should be returned via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School, Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1HY