1:1 Teaching Assistant – Year 6. Grade C4 – C6 (£18,426 – £19,171 per annum pro rata)
You will be required to support a child in Year 6, who has a highly differentiated curriculum and requires support to develop communication and interaction skills. They will require support to alleviate anxiety which can lead to PDA traits becoming more pronounced. The child will access many curriculum enrichment opportunities including onsite Forest School provision and capacity to plan and enrich will be necessary. Class based activities will also feature on a daily basis when appropriate to further develop social interaction.Ideally you will have a Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent and experience of working with pupils who have additional needs. You will have initiative and be a confident communicator, with effective numeracy and literacy skills and knowledge communication and interaction difficulties.
This is a full time position of 26.25 hrs per week (term time only).The post is temporary for one year
whilst the child remains at school.
– Be passionate about securing the best possible outcomes for all children in the school
– Be able to prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively.
– Be flexible and adaptable with a good sense of humour
We can offer you:
– A reflective and supportive school
– Motivated and enthusiastic children
– A friendly professional team committed to achieving the very best for the children
– Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
– Enthusiastic and supportive governors and parents
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role is working within regulated activity and therefore requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further details or to arrange a school visit, please contact the school office using the details below.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 17th July.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th July.
Application forms can be downloaded via the link below and should be returned via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School, Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1HY